Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Newest Family Member


We brought home the newest member
of the family last night!

length: 167.3 inches
height: 63.4 inches
weight:3020 lbs

It's a Scion!
Thank goodness I didn't have to give birth to this one!

We bought our new car from a little family who won the car at the fair. They wanted to sell it so they could buy a truck. It only has 2500 (yes hundred, not thousand) miles on it. We are pretty excited about it. Jason is elated!! This will be his go-to-work car and will probably be the car we take most often sense it gets pretty good gas millage. Jason has NEVER had a car with ac, never had a NEW car, and every time we have bought a car in the past, it has been for the family (meaning it is MY primary car, he takes the hunk-of-junk to work)

Song for this post:
Drive my car: The Beatles
Mustang Sally: The Commitments
Route 66: Depeche Mode (one of my favorite driving songs)

12 comments:

Nene said...

You lucky little xB owners! We have the xA and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Almost 40 mpg, baby! We have even talked about buying an xB when my Jeep dies. We are total Scion groupies now, like we can't buy anything else! I would like the tC, but they are much more money. Rock on with your new ride!

Cindy said...

Ok, I've never heard of a scion. Are they fairly new? It's pretty cool looking. and I love the silver color!

Zobell Fam said...

Love the new car. Isn't it great to have husbands that are willing to drive the hunk o junk!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome.

Lexie said...

LOVE our new baby! Love your blog! It's so much fun to live with Dory!
JK! :) :) :0 :0) :0( ???

Mike and Dee said...

That's great! Congrats! I just love the new car smell! And, I love the color! I bet you guys are enjoying it!

Mike and Dee said...

The new car looks great! I bet you are all so excited! Congrats!

Mike and Dee said...

It's not leaving my comments, so ignore some of them if you get too many! Sorry!

Cami said...

I love it! I know how much fun it is to add additions to a family like this one. There is no pain, no potty training and because it is an "Adult Car" no spills and no messes that is the best kind! Congrats!

Bryce said...

Rad Ride!!

Shill and Company said...

Wahoo! Congratulations you guys. I am so happy for Jason especially! Ah to have a new car and the comfort of AC. What a guy. He has been so patient. I think that car suits your family very well. Love the color and the boxy style. Very, very cool!!!

Unknown said...

JEALOUS! How fun is that. Good for you guys. have fun in your new ride!