Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
100 things I love about my wife
1. She is the most honest person I have ever met.
2. Is easy to read. This is very helpful when your as dumb as I am.
3. We are the same age.
4. She will sit down and watch SciFi with me.
5. Her gentile personality.
6. She always knows what I am thinking. Sometimes this isn't very good when your as dumb as I am.
7. She loves me for who I am. I know this sounds cliche but I really mean it. She found me broken
and she hasn't tried to fix me.
8. Isn't afraid of acting silly.
9. Is a terrific teacher, with both our children and the preschool kids.
10. Allowed our family to get pets and now she loves them to.
11. Is a good driver.
12. Played golf with me.
13. Is a great cook.
14. Let's me know when I am walking out the door dressed like an idiot.
15. Taught me how to wash laundry the right way.
16. Picked up the van that crushed my leg and pinned me down after I chopped up my arm with an axe.
17. Enjoys doing yard work.
18. Gave birth to the 3 most beautiful,intelligent silly girls.
19. Really good at giving hugs.
20. Very hard worker.
21. A great sense of humor.
22. A great kisser.
23. We do all of our home projects together.
24. Great drummer on Rock Band. I usually try to hard of a setting on the guitar and she bails me out.
25. She will talk about Battlestar Galactica with me.
26. Takes the time to scrapbook/blog our family's memories.
27. Loves Disneyland
28. Let me buy a cool car because she wanted me safe.
29. Has a sexy voice.
30. Her smile melts me.
31. Can be very independent
32. Never teased me when I had a mullet.
33. She will let me have Xbox parties at our house.
34. Is a stay at home mom.
35. Has an affinity for elf culture.
36. Makes cute sounds while falling asleep.
37. Has good taste in decorating.
38. Sings around our house.
39. Didn't marry me for my money. Probably because I don't have any.
40. We have so much in common.
41. Is adventurous
42. She can do the splits.
43. Her big beautiful blue/green eyes.
44. Loves to cuddle with our kids.
45. The way she emphasizes words, every. SINGLE…TIME. She wants to make a point.
46. She is a wonderful mother.
47. Speaks her mind.
48. Isn't afraid to try new things,
49. Unless it is medicine. Then it is hysterical watching her try to get it down.
50. Loves to talk…. a lot.
51. Enjoys reading.
52. Knows how to talk a little smack.
53. Very good at handling our finances.
54. Picks up our kids from school so they don't have to walk home.
55. Enjoys a good get together.
56. Great taxi driver.
57. Never shy.
58. Has strong morals.
59. Gives me too much credit.
60. She volunteers at our girl's school whenever she can.
61. Never plays mind games.
62. Achieves the goals she sets.
63. Makes me laugh.
64. She can do all the things I can't.
65. Very good at board games.
66. Will cry at some point in almost any movie.
67. Can fall asleep faster than anyone in the history of the world.
68. Likes to travel.
69. Has a song for everything.
70. That our children took after her good looks instead of me.
71. Takes care of most of the day to day errands we have.
72. Gets me out of my shell.
73. Enjoys roller coasters.
74. She can remember all of our account numbers.
75. Will dress up for Halloween.
76. Has good taste in movies. With the exception of Top Gun, man I hate that movie!
77. Loves seafood.
78. She will eat my cooking.
79. Has done all of our taxes since she started her business.
80. Enjoys bike riding and going on walks.
81. I'm going to keep this rated PG.
82. She has a crush on her dentist. And I get to tease her about it.
83. In 12 years we will be able to travel anywhere we would like to go.
84. Has a wild side not everyone gets to see.
85. She is good with computers.
86. Has named all of our pets.
87. She can't keep a secret when it comes to gift giving.
88. Knows the value of good home electronics.
89. She likes leather… couches.
90. Is a good roll model for our girls.
91. Very good at crafts.
92. Let me decorate with Frank Sinatra photos.
93 She knows what frak and frell mean.
94. Works hard to keep our house clean.
95. Blushes bright red when she is embarrassed.
96. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever met.
97. As well as I know her she can still surprise me.
98. Doesn't hold a grudge.
99. Very intelligent.
100. She has been my best friend for more than 13 years.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- Fall at Gardner Village
- Fudge at Sweet Afton's
- Picures of the girls
- Witchy Poo
- Halloween in general
Monday, September 22, 2008
My house is a magnet for stray animals!
In the past few years we have had several pets show up at our house as if they are looking for a new home or a room-for-rent. We have had several dogs show up... including a Jack Russel Tarrier, Pit Bull puppy, boxer puppy, a HUGE Rottweiler, and many, many, many, more. We have also had a box turtle and a game hen meander into our yard (but not together)!
So tonight, we got sweet lop-eared bunny looking for a place to stay. Who knows where she came from. Lucyla (as the kids have named her) almost got ran over by Sue's car. For whatever reason, she was hanging out in her parking place! So weird!
So if you know anyone who is missing a cute white and black bunny, give me a buzz! We would love to give her back to her rightful owners. One last thing I want to add...Loo said she couldn't find any "male parts", but we don't know if it is a girl or a boy.
songs for this post: Hound Dog- Elvis
How Much is That Doggie in the Window
Little Bunny Foo Foo- The Moldy Peaches
BUNNY UPDATE: we found who the bunny belongs to. It's our neighbors to the North of us.
BUNNY UPDATE: we found the bunny again when we gave it to the people, they wanted us to have it! So, now we have a pet bunny named ALICE!
- Seeing my cute dentist. Yes, he is very cute. Jason and the girls tease me that if at some point I don't come home, they will know where to find me.
- Our house is like Motel 6 for pets...don't worry my furry friends, we'll leave the light on for you!
- Having someone else's pets for a day. Even though my big-softy 12 year old is sad and crying, that we're making it sleep in the garage. For some reason, she doesn't get that Dax could eat Lucyla in one bite.
- Great day at preschool! This is my Monday/Wednesday class' best day yet. Yeah! They are learning the right way to be in school!!! And my lesson went well too thanks to Aspynn's mommy who brought us a real sunflower. It's gianormous!
- Have to go with Coke again. Yes, I know it's not good for my teeth...but I brush and floss well. And I have a good dentist who helps me take care of my chompers!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Anyway, we are so glad that Duane was able to get some tickets for this, AND that they (Melinda and Duane) wanted to share them with us. Thanks guys for the wonderful evening. A double-date if you will. And Melinda, the cheesecake was delicious!
Saturdays 5 Faves:
- Double dates
- Brian Stokes Mitchell
- Tabernacle Choir
- Utah Symphony
- My favorite songs of the night: Some Enchanted Evening, They Can't Take that Away from Me, New Words (all sung by BSM)
p.s. This is my 100th post!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
So my cute friend Dani did a post about her bucket list, and I've been giving mine some thought lately. Hold on to your seat belts, this may be a long one! Note: I'm typing these as I think of them, so they are in no particular order.
- Cross country road trip with Jason. We want to visit amusement parks across the nation.
- Travel OUTSIDE the U.S.
- Visit ALL the Disney parks including Hong Kong, Paris
- Become a member of the Disney vacation club. It would be so freaking cool!
- Go to Tahiti: I want to stay in one of those resorts with the little huts IN the water. Where your room service is given to you via boat. Yeah, that sounds nice.
- Take voice lessons
- Buy motorcycles for Jason and I.
- Learn to play the piano
- Buy a drum kit and learn to play (as soon as Ky moves out, we are totally doing that)
- Write a book
- Buy a condo so that we don't have to do a yard and we can travel! (we plan to do this when we are about 60)
- Go back to school and get a degree in early elem. ed. so that I can be a "real" teacher. I would love to have a class room in a school. Then I would have a place for scrapbooking, working out and drums. (don't get me wrong...I LOVE being a preschool teacher, I would just like to get rid of the stresses that come with doing it independently; like insurance, licensing, and stuff like that)
- Be a grandparent and play with my grand kids. Take them to fun places and do fun things with them. And the best part: when they do something stupid, or have bad manners, or they are just plain little shits (don't gasp like you've never wanted to use that word when it comes to your kids, I know you have!) I will laugh at my own children and say "I told you so!"
- Be season ticket holders at Hale Theatre. (I hope to make this happen at Christmas this year)
I think that about does it for my bucket list. What's on your list?
Friday, September 19, 2008
- Hershey's nuggets with toffee and almonds
- Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Fiddler on the Roof- (actually never saw that, but Lexie tried out for that play and made it)
- My Grandparents (G&G Harris). I talked to them today. They are amazing!!!
- Partially frozen water bottles. I chuck mine in the freezer before I drink it. Delish!
Songs for this post: Maps- by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
My 5 Faves for Today:
- Reading with Smash: We read 2 Fancy Nancy books both were very cute. Her clothes are exotic (that's a fancy name for weird) and the books are hilarious (that's a fancy name for funny).
- Holding Super's hand as we walked off school grounds and to the car.
- Singing Super a "lullaby". She doesn't usually call it that, but for some reason, tonight she did. She said "Momma, will you sing me a lullaby?" She even put a hint of sarcasm in the word lullaby because she usually asks me to sing her a song. Tonight, as always, it was It's a Jolly Holiday. The only thing that changes is whether or not I use her name or Mary.
- It's Thursday, which means I'm off for 3 days!!!
- Playing Rock Band with all of my girls! It is VERY RARE that all girls are home, but tonight they all were! AND We kicked some butt!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
- Rock Band (just completed my "solo tour" playing drums on MEDIUM) Yeah me!!
- Arctic Circle for dinner- first time we have eaten out in about 9 days! That is a record for us. Note: we ate out because I was finishing up my tour on R.B.
- Lofty goals for times when my children are at school and the preschoolers aren't here. I believe in setting the bar really high :)
- My sweet, sexy husband for not only NOT complaining at the fact that I got nothing done today, but offering to go out to eat. You rock hon!
- New toothbrushes! Don't cha just love them.
Randomness: Rock Band 2 comes out November 16.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off.
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!
Friendship is like
peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.
- My blogging buddies!
- Comments. (I need them to feel loved!)
- My very bestest best friend (who reads every post and helps me come up with music for them) Jason
- My playlist- who supports my need to change songs every time I post :)
- Google, whom I turn to EVERY time I need help with something blog related. Like song suggestions, pictures, anything! Love ya Google!
(side note: I DID NOT use Google for these song choices. In case you were wondering. These came from my own little wooden head!...(that one's from Pinocchio)
Sunday, September 14, 2008
My fellow bloggers are slowing down. I was looking at who had something new for today, and only 2 people did. Shame on everyone! (Just kidding) You all are very busy I'm sure. Kids are back to school and other extra-curricular activities, which means, time to drive someone here, drive someone else there, etc. But really I just wanted to let each one of you know that I really enjoy reading your blogs (unfortunately, I can't speak for anyone else). Maybe because I have no life... maybe because you are funnier than I am, I don't know. But know this... You are missed.
5 favorites for today:
- Sandwiches for dinner (no cooking involved)
- Our big comfy couch
- Blankets to snuggle up with on the previously mentioned couch
- Coke and movie treats
My Doorbell: White Stripes- when you gonna ring my doorbell?
Wait For You: Bonham- 'cause all I can do is wait for you!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- getting up before anyone else in the house so that I don't feel guilty for blogging! (ahh- quiet time)
- having teenagers who are getting involved AND maturing!
- ... and a little one who is getting lots better at getting ready for school.
- a husband who rocks at making dinner (and enjoys it too)
- indoor plumbing! No outhouses, just do your business and flush it away (while in your unmentionables)
Song for today:
Kids of the Future: Jonas Brothers
Friday, September 12, 2008
5 Favorite Things for today:
- Our Country and the freedoms we enjoy
- Having a happy, healthy family.
- Relief Society (I miss it in there)
- Snuggling up with Ashley in my bed. (Unfortunately my other kids are a bit too old for cuddling)
- Coke (just finished mine. So refreshing.)
- (sorry had to add 1 more) My stereo. I LOVE cranking it up when it's just me here! (Then I don't have to worry about someone not liking what I want to be listening to.) I can get a lot accomplished when it's just me and the stereo :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I let Super get some magnet earrings from Claires. (she got two pair) Of course, she immediately wanted to wear them. We stopped, and put the cute little earrings on her little ears. She was holding her head funny like she didn't want to knock them off or something. It was cute. Anyway, when we got home from shopping, she walked in the door and started calling for Dax (our dog). Dax didn't respond the way Super thought she should, and so Sup told us " Dax doesn't even recognize me with my earrings on". So. Stinking. Cute!
How could I tell her that Dax just wasn't as excited about them as she was? :)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
songs for this post:
My Girl: The Temptations
Thank Heaven for Little Girls: Mareece Chevalier (for some reason that song makes me think of Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast. I think it's his voice and his accent)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
We bought our new car from a little family who won the car at the fair. They wanted to sell it so they could buy a truck. It only has 2500 (yes hundred, not thousand) miles on it. We are pretty excited about it. Jason is elated!! This will be his go-to-work car and will probably be the car we take most often sense it gets pretty good gas millage. Jason has NEVER had a car with ac, never had a NEW car, and every time we have bought a car in the past, it has been for the family (meaning it is MY primary car, he takes the hunk-of-junk to work)