Monday, February 22, 2010

Someone had a birthday!

Notice anything different? Earrings! Super finally decided she was ready and brave enough to get her ears pierced.

That's right! Supe's another year older. She's been with us now for over 3300 days and we're all still alive to tell about it! hahaha

Supe is still very much enjoying rock band, only she's moved from totally digging the drums, to being quite the performer when she's the singer! I should note that she still loves drums, but she just mixes it up now!

She's loving her new school! One of her favorite things is being there with her cousins! She also loves her teacher and doing math (she doesn't get that from me!)

Supa-Dupe (another nick name we have for her) loves to spend time in alone in her room- typically with the door shut. She always has, really. She loves to color and do art projects, listen to music, play school, read, do puzzles, and watch movies on her DVD player.

Her favorite store is Bath and Body Works. In fact, she spent a good portion of her birthday money there! It cracks me up!

Her favorite colors are hot pink and lime green.

She still does not like to eat anything that grows; lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, green beans, beats, cauliflower, potatoes, and the list goes on and on. Occasionally, she'll eat an apple if it's doused in caramel, or a few grapes, or some mandarin oranges, but that's about it. She is 80% carnivore! The other 20% consists of grains and milk products.

She detests mornings and and loathes leaving the house for anything other than school.
Above are some of the highlights of her birthday gifts.
Happy birthday baby girl!
Today's song: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


Saturday, February 6, 2010


My friend Evette does a family history journal entry every week on her blog. I usually don't participate for two reasons, #1 time, #2 I'm not entirely sure I want my children or anyone else for that matter, reading my thoughts about my childhood. But, this week, she chose a more current topic. Simple Pleasures. I can write about that!

There are many simple things that make me happy, but today, I'll share just one. Music. I love to turn it up loud enough that I can't really hear myself sing. Yep. That loud. (In my previous life, I'm fairly certain, I was a rock star) I love most types of music, but I'm not a fan of cheese- not the product made from milk. I like that. The kind of cheese I'm referring to is cheesy music. (cheesy top 40, not my fave) Oh, and I LOATHE music that feels the need to refer to women as "Shorty"- what does that mean anyway?

I do, however; love Muse. Wait. I LOVE Muse. I love 30 seconds to Mars and Coldplay. The Who, Queen and Boston. Regina Spektor, The Shins, Brandy Carlile, Sarah McLachlan and Josh Groban. And the list goes on and on! I love music with violin and piano. I'm not a horns or wind instrument kind of gal. I don't really like Jazz. (dear husband, please don't hit me) But, anyway, in my opinion, one of THE greatest inventions was the mp3 player. Whether you have it plugged into your stereo for the whole family to hear, or you have your head phones in, it's just awesome! No task is quite as daunting with music piped in. I love cleaning the house with it, or mowing the lawn with it, or cooking with it. It just makes everything better!

Without further ado, today's song is Music by Madonna.