Sunday, May 25, 2008


Sue tried out for Madrigals a couple of weeks ago, and made it! They came to kidnap her at 4:30 Monday morning! She's pretty excited!

I'm a Princess!

You Are Ariel!
Image hosted by

Headstrong and fiesty. You have a mind of your own that's full of romantic dreams about the world around you. Exploring exotic places is your ultimate dream, and although you can be a little naive you'll realize that there is something to be gained from your family's wisdom.

Which Disney Princess Are You?

If you give Jason and Brandi a project....

So a couple of weeks ago, Jason and I started another "If you give a mouse a cookie" project. You know the story of the book don't you... First, you give the mouse a cookie, and when you give him the cookie, he realizes he thirsty, when you open the fridge, he decides he wants to color, and so on and so on. Well, that's about how a project works in our house!
First, I couldn't sleep! I began waking up at 5 in the morning- every morning because the sun was shining in and making me think it was time to get up! (not good when you're not a morning person)

Then, I decided we needed some of that window film that blocks out the light.

But, when we went to price it was going to be pretty expensive, so we decided to get new curtains instead. (do you see where this is going?)

We couldn't get new curtains yet though, because we didn't have new bedding to match the curtains.

So, we went on the hunt for new bedding. We looked and looked and looked and looked, and (anyone who knows me well, knows patience is not my forte!) So by 5 or 6 stores and websites I was done! I just wanted to find it and buy it and I didn't care how much it was.

We went on an outing to pick up the bedding I had seen online! We went to Costco first, because that's where we found our last bedding and it was really pretty and nice quality for not much moola! Jason found the bedding he was in love with! was $29 for bedspread, pillow shams and skirt! I must agree that was a great deal, I just wasn't in love with it like he was.

So, I thought, if I had some fancy pillows I might like it more. I won't bore you with pillow-hunt details, but we found a bunch that match perfectly, and now I love my bedding!

Finally we bought the curtains, curtain rods and tie backs, and now we are into the project for at least $300.00 more than the window film would have been! Oh well, what can you do?

And last, but not least, we bought a bed! We decided after being married for 12 years, it was time we had a headboard and foot board!

Project complete!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Here is a link to our preschool video

If you are interested at all, the first part of the movie is pretty funny...especially "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Unfortunately, the program I used to put it on the web didn't save the chapters I put into it, so you just have to fast forward to that part. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

For both of you...

For both of you who read my blog:
If you haven't noticed, I have taken a hiatus from my blog! It is something I love to do so much, but I have no time for it lately! You may be asking, I wonder why she's so busy...well that's because graduation is coming up for preschool. Now you might be what? That means lots and lots and lots of extra hours. Once preschool is over for the day, I spend about 4-5 more hours on the computer. About 99% of my time on the computer has been spent making and editing our preschool video. It's a labor of love. The other 1% I have spent reading my emails and paying bills. OOH FUN!!
I will be back though, I promise! See you after May 22!