(Sue was Dorthy and Super was Alice in Wonderland) Loo was a cow, but wasn't home for trick-or-treat pictures)
Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo
Here's an update on our Halloween festivities:
- There ended up being "no costumes" at school. (no surprise as things were too far planned and I was complaining on my blog rather than someplace where things could actually change)
- Super did have fun at her party at school. Also not a surprise. She has a darling teacher, and they had a piñata.
- Loo went trick-or-treating with her friend Alyssa. One person in Alyssa's neighborhood had a camel. With humps. The highlights of her loot were some pixy sticks and bottle of coke. (not quite sure why the pixy sticks were such a hit, but they were.)
- Super and I went trick-or-treating. In short sleeves. She went to two different houses that gave away full-sized candy bars. One of them gave her 2! We also went to another house that was serving (yes serving) fresh home-made donuts. People were carrying them out by the plate-fulls. We didn't know the people, but a friend of a friend did, so we ate them. (I know, I'm teaching my kid bad things. What's new?)
- Jason handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Then he came and picked us up near the Hastings house. Smash was tired of walking.
- We went out to eat after trick-or-treating. To see Sue at work.
- Jason got a bad sandwich.
- We watched The Corpse Bride.
- Hannah (my niece) came over and had a sleep-over with Super.
- And, we went to the zoo today. We went today, because we are bad parents and we turned around and came home last weekend, when we saw the millions of people heading in for Boo At the Zoo.
Songs for this post were a bit of a stretch this time, but here they are anyway:Love Me Dead: Ludo (love the song. Dead=Halloween. told you it was a stretch)
Tree Hugger: Antsy Pants from the Juno soundtrack (been listening to that a bit lately and the song talks about being someone else. . .and what do you do on Halloween? Be someone else)
And, last but not least, my five fave countdown:
#5 Helping with Super's class party
#4 Going trick-or-treating with my baby
#3 Watching Halloween flicks with my hubby
#2 Hanging out at the zoo with the girls minus Sue (play practice, then work)
#1 "Picnik" for helping me dress up (get it) the picture of Sue and Super. Thanks Deanna for sharing that website!