Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's time for change!

I was searching for preschool paraphernalia, when I stumbled upon this. I thought it was cute! Especially since I have an affinity for "elf culture" and children's books.
I have found my candidate!
I have loved him from afar for years and years. I can’t believe that in this moment of national crisis I didn’t think of him sooner.


I saw this today:

Undecided Voters Flock to New Candidate
Barn Party Announces Duck as Presidential Nominee

NEW YORK (January 30, 2008): In a mass migration from established party politics, undecided voters are flocking to a new political party that promises change—real change. The Barn Party offers Americans an agenda of domestic goals supported by children’s booksellers and librarians, first and second graders, and the cracked corn industry. Leading the party’s charge for more reading aloud, recess and protecting the family farm, is Duck, an Avian-American who is making a splash among independent voters across the country.

Duck, a farmyard hero, has declared his entry as the Barn Party’s presidential candidate for the election of 2008. Previously holding elected offices as Farmer and Governor, Duck is seeking the Presidency to present a new face of the United States to the global community. “This election will be a quack heard round the world,” said the Barn Party campaign chairman, Paul Crichton of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing.

Duck’s authorized biographer, children’s author Doreen Cronin, says, “Duck’s time has come. He worked hard on the farm, and even harder as Governor. Hard work brings change, and Duck is a choice for change.”


Click! Clack! Cluck!

2 comments:

Shill and Company said...

You are so funny! I am looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a happy day.

Jenny said...

that's great... i love Duck. we read click, clack moo and dooby dooby moo and others in my classroom every year. love it!