I got this tag today. Since it is my actual anniversary, I thought I'd share it!
1. How old were you? 24
2. What jobs did you and your fiance / husband have? I worked for The Limited, Jason worked (and still does) for Litho Flexo Graphics
3. How long was your engagement? almost a year.
4. What shape of diamond is your wedding ring? Brilliant
5. What season were you married in? Early Spring
6. Who married you? A cute judge
7. Who was your maid / matron of honor? Erika
8. Was your wedding dress white? Yes
9. What were your colors? Black and White
10. How many bridesmaids? 1- my maid of honor
11. Did you have a flower girl and/or ring bearer? "Sue" was the flower girl
12. What flowers did you have for your bouquet? Calla Lillies, and other white stuff. I can't remember what they were called. Is that bad?
13. What kind of flowers did your bridesmaids carry? same as mine
14. Did the groom wear a black tux? Yes. He wanted to wear his grey elephant boots with it though. I put my foot down! I'm so glad I did too!
15. Where was the ceremony? White Memorial Church (across from the State Capitol Building)
16. Did you wear comfortable shoes or neck-breaker high heels? No I wore heels.
17. Who gave you away? My dad
18. What was the most memorable part of the ceremony? I loved walking down the isle, seeing my sweet man smiling at me.
19. Did you have a reception? no- not really. We served our cake following the ceremony. We spared everyone the pain of a tacky line and we invited everyone to go out to dinner afterwords at the Olive Garden.
20. What was your favorite gift? money. A good friend of mine also gave us a night at the Armstrong Mansion. It was beautiful!
21. What was your least favorite gift? must not have been very good, I can't remember
22. What kind of cake did you have? we had 3 different types, white, spice, and chocolate
23. Disc Jockey or Live Band? ghetto blaster! ha ha. We didn't really have a boom box, but we did just have our home stereo. We were young and poor. And we paid for everything ourselves!
24. What was the name of the song for your first dance? I Want Your Sex by George Michael jk! We didn't do a dance! But if we had, we probably would have danced to something by Frank Sinatra.
25. Who caught the bouquet? My friend Erika? Honestly I don't remember. I remember my throw was terrible!!!! I don't think anyone really "caught" it. I think picked it up is more like it! :)
26. What kind of vehicle did you leave in? My sweet Ford Escort! It was plush! Everyone was jealous as we drove away!
27. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would you change? I don't think I would have changed anything. We had our closest family and friends there. We were married in a quaint little church. It was so "us"! We like to do things the non-standard way... It's just one of the million things I love about Jason! :)
Other things I remember about that day:
The weather was perfect!! It had been snowing pretty heavily a couple of days before we were married, and I was so worried that my family from Logan wouldn't be able to come down for it. I was pleasantly surprised when we had gorgeous 50 degree weather! Clear blue sky. The works!
Sue was a beast! We (meaning me and my friend Erika) forgot to feed her in the morning. So here first "meal" of the day was cake!
I forgot Jason's ring in my purse. I had to send my cute grandpa in to go get it for me. He was searching through all the purses left downstairs in the church. It makes me giggle every time I think about it!Happy 13th hon! It's been great! I can't wait to see what happens in the next 13!
This post wouldn't be complete without some of our favorite Frank songs:
Fly Me to The Moon
I Thought About You
You Make Me Feel So Young