Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It was purple and white and green and orange and blue!

No, I'm not talking about Joseph's Technicolor Dreamcoat, I'm talking about the gnarly bruise the exact same size of a roller skate wheel on my thigh! And an invisible bruise right smack in the middle of my fanny!!! Youch!

That's right, I went roller skating last night with the young women. I really can't skate. No. I'm not saying that I'm not good at it, I'm saying I really don't. know. how! Even as a kid, I was a wall-hugger. You know the type? They skate super slow and hold on to the wall for dear life! Well that was and still is me!

Hopefully no one had a camera with them last night! If they did, I will surely be on funniest home videos! All night long I was doing this: shuffle- shuff- shuff- shuff. Then yelling "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Aaaah!" Then I'd do the wall- cling again. It was fun though. And I got lots of exercise. You can imagine how my heart rate was going up and up when my arms were constantly doing the wind-mill / Saturday night fever moves. But sort-of not-on-purpose. I had to keep them moving to keep myself from face-planting!

That picture is sort of how I looked when I got the tush-bruise....only I was wearing gross public skates and my socks were way cuter!

And, I'm having a hard time coming up with a roller skating song. All I can think of is Nene's post about Ladies lovin' the feel of the wheel from that Flight of the Concords song. I'm not sure I can post that one, little ears- you know! Hmm. I'll see what I can come up with...How about a little Night Fever by the Bee Gees. Yeah. That sounds groovy!

4 comments:

Nene said...

Yowza! Glad you're still alive after that horrible roller skating injury, lol. I would have loved to watched it all go down though!

The Fife's said...

I'm sorry you got hurt. I don't think I have rollerskated since I was in 9th grade. I would probably be a wall hugger now.

Unknown said...

LMAO REally not cuz you got hurt, but you really paint such a great picture! I just love ya!

Shill and Company said...

Ouchy Mama!!! That sounds so painful. You are a great sport. I also am Roller Skating incapable. I would have been right there by you baby against the way as a teen.