Friday, June 20, 2008

My New Favorite Thing

I have discovered a new love... the Taste of Home Magazine. I know it's not new, but it's new to us! Jason and I picked up the magazine at the check-out stand a month or so ago, and decided that we should rejuvenate our cook-life! We thought a subscription to the magazine may be just what we needed!

It has been wonderful! We have tried a few new recipes and are very excited to try some more!

The other night, we made Grilled Chicken with Salsa. pictured on bottom right. If you can't read the recipe very well, double click on the image, and it will come up really big, and if that doesn't work, and your are still interested, let me know I will type it out for you.

I think next we are going to try a Lemon Gelato (Italian Ice Cream)
http://www.tasteofhome.com/

3 comments:

Nene said...

My mom is a Taste of Home freak and has kept every magazine for the past who knows how many years! When she gets bored and wants new ideas she flips back through the mags and always finds something new! Good on ya for cookin' with the ToH!

Shill and Company said...

Yummy stuff. I get anxiety over trying new recipes sometimes. I look over the ingredients list and get overwhelmed by those that I don't have and have absolutely NO idea where to purchase them. I am el-Lame-o!

Anonymous said...

Brandi, I love Taste of Home too. My fav magazine is Taste of Home's Light and Tasty (just changed to Healthy Cooking). I like this one because I find it hard to find good/healthier recipes. Also, Dave has started to give me, for Christmas, the Light & Tasty Year Book with all of the recipes from the past year in a hard bound book. This way I don't have to keep all the mags, cuz they can be hard to store!