Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Hostess with the Mostess?

Just curious if anyone read this book besides myself. And if so, what did you think about it? I think my official rating on this one is maybe 3 out of 5 stars.
I'm not going to give an official review, because I don't want to say too much. I don't want to spoil it for you if you were planning to read it. but here's what I thought...
I felt like I it needed some good chase scenes (like in Eclipse) and I really wanted them to get out of that stupid mountain!
And, I liked Ian more. how bout anyone else?
And what about the ending, what did you think. I was feeling like that was the perfect solution to the problems about 100 pages before it happened! (sorry Stephanie Meyer...I am still one of your biggest fans)
************************************************************************************
TRUE STORY!!
Speaking of Stephanie Meyer...I have been meaning to Blog this for forever...
One time, a couple of months ago, one of my kids answered the phone just like I trained them to (saying "May I ask who's calling" when they don't know who it is) So, I'm in my room and I hear:

"Mo-ommm. Pho-ooone"
I ask "who is it?"
they say: "Stephanie Meyer"
My heart skips 10 or 12 beats, I can't remember for sure, and I think to myself...
how did she know I am one of her biggest fans? Oh, my word, what am I going to say? should I tell her about my ideas for the new book? oh, my word what should I say? I am running out of time to think, so I wing it...

me: Hello?
Stephanie Meyer: yes, Mrs. Barnett?
me: yes (inside, I am totally FREAKING OUT!!!!!)
Stephanie Meyer: yes, Mrs. Barnett, I am calling to remind you of your photograph appointment at .....
me: oh, yes thank you.
(can you believe I freaked out over that)

p.s. Sue told me today (Tuesday) who my "Stephanie Meyer" phone call was. It is this girl Shalysa's mom (and her name is really Stephanie Meyer, thought not spelled the same way) from the High school. She was helping the photographer by doing reminder phone calls.
As for why I thought she was calling me? Well, I'm VERY passionate about those books and have visited her website frequently. But the biggest thing you have to remember, it was a phone call that started it all. I didn't have time to think about it rationally. I'm just a great big DORK!

7 comments:

Zobell Fam said...

You are better than me I would of got on the phone rambling like an idiot about Edward and bella!!

Cindy said...

That is SO funny! Was her name really Stephanie Meyer or did your kids make that up? I have not read any of her books yet. As soon as this darn basement is finished I would LOVE to borrow one and see what all the excitement is about!

Jenny said...

That is pretty funny. I would hate to have the name of a famous person. I have a cousin whose name is Michael Jackson and I think he hated it...

I haven't read The Host. I've heard it is only so-so. May still read it, but haven't decided.

Unknown said...

That is so funny and something I would totally do, except my mouth would ramble and tell her how silly I was to think she was my favorite author and I was so excited! Looks Like you are having a wonderful summer!

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nene said...

That. Is. Hilarious.

Shill and Company said...

What a funny story. Why did you think that she was calling you? Did you fill something out somewhere where that would have been possible? Tee Hee. Very silly.

I haven't read the host yet. I have heard from several people that they didn't like it as much as the vampire trilogy so I haven't been in a huge hurry to get it. When things settle down a bit I might look for it at the library. I'm sure that Chris will be delighted. :0)