Monday, August 24, 2009

I Made It! (Proud Mommy Monday)

...through my child's first 18 years!

I cannot believe it!

You know what's weird? When you give birth to your little one and hold her for the first time, you never think about what it will be like when she's a grown up. It's just too much for the mind to wrap itself around. Here you are, holding this precious little bundle, who's depending on you for her every need. It's hard to even imagine her talking! But one day at a time, she grows older. First, she learns to smile at you- and no doubt you feel like it's the best thing in the world! Then she'll coo, and you still feel that things can't be better! Before you know it, she's rolling over, then crawling, then talking, then starting school, and then BAM! All of the sudden, she's 18! That's how fast it feels like it happens!

I have to share a funny memory with you. An I can't believe I did that moment. One day at church, Sue and I were sitting next to each other on the bench. (she was about 3, maybe 4) She was antsy, like any child would be at that age. She decided to lay down and rest her head in my lap. I'm thinking nothing of it, and happen to look down across her little body that's stretched out along the pew. ..and notice, she's not wearing any underwear! That's right. No underwear. I don't know how it happened. I just remember being mortified!

So anyway, there's my Mommy Moment for today. Surviving the first 18 years! There were times when I didn't think I would make it, and there were definitely times when I didn't think she would! So I'm offering words of encouragement to all of the mommies out there who should happen upon this post- Don't give up! Don't strangle yourself or your child. The phases your child is in, will be over before you know it, and you will have more hair on your chest when it's through too! hahaha

Come and play with us! Click here to get more info. Shannon has a link tool set up on her blog so that you can read other's mommy moments, and also share your own! It's really fun! And if nothing else, it gives you another topic to blog about (which I am also a fan of)
Today's tune: Brown Eyed Girl (for obvious reasons)Photobucket

6 comments:

Nene said...

Here's to hoping she's wearing underwear nowadays! :) Loved this post!

spice2116 said...

lol love it!! dont say bam for me yet i am not ready for the big 18 :p

Jenny said...

That is SOOO funny. I can see Ella doing something like that. we went up into the canyons yesterday and her pants were falling down. I told her to pull her pants up, so what does she do? Yank them all the way down and moon the people standing around us. Good thing she is only 4!

Great post.

Shannon said...

THIS post was VERY dear to my heart! I am having a hard time looking past where we are at this moment... the day my kids are adults, I know is coming and FAST! Thanks for always participating and for being the BEST COMMENTER EVER! Whenever you visit, I KNOW you've been there, because you comment AND I really feel like you "care" about what's happening in the lives of me and my children! You are an awesome BLOG FRIEND... and ya.. Zoo.. I'm callin ya!

Unknown said...

I loved this post thank you, you made me cry my oldest is 10 and as she walked out of school I almost didn't recognize she is growing too fast. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hey Harriet said...

Haha! No underwear in church! I'm sure my mother would feel consoled by this as she often forgot to put underwear on me when I was a little one! I even have the photos to prove it! Yikes! ;D A lovely post!