Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 2, Gratitude

This week, I am thankful for...
  • ...The preservation of home movies and the technology that makes it all possible. We spent the evening reviewing home movies. We went back 16 years! We didn't watch EVERYTHING. It was just fun to see how the girls interacted with each other and the way they spoke. You can never get that time back. It's so cool to have it saved though. (1/6/13)
  • ...The ability to go visiting teaching. I swear I get way more out of it than the ladies we visit. But we always have the best conversations and have built friendships with people we may not have had the opportunity to get to know as well had we not had this situation. I always leave feeling a little better, a little stronger, more ready to take on the world. We talked about how important it is to have a testimony, especially in the hard times. I was really stuck by this quote-  "The Lord … entrusts a testimony of the truth to those who will share it with others...sometimes a single phrase of testimony can set events in motion that affect someone's life for eternity" President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. What a powerful message! It made me want to build a stronger testimony myself. (1/7/13)
  • ...Modern medicine. I really didn't want to pull this one out just yet, but Lexie has been sick for quite a while now, and we finally went to the doctor for it. He said 10 days was enough time to suffer and gave her an antibiotic. He believes she's on the verge of bronchitis. Poor Lex was definitely in need of relief- especially since she's got the lead role in Pillow Talk! We're so stinking excited for that, by the way!!! (1/8/13)
  • ...Modern Family. I swear to you, there are times when I think the writers have hidden cameras in our home. Phil and Claire are SO Jason and I. It seriously cracks us up! We look forward to that show every week! (1/9/13)
  • ...Pete the Cat. My preschoolers and I are in LOVE with him! He's this cute little blue cat, who has his own series of books. He- like me- loves to sing! Pete constantly runs into situations where he's unsure about something, or something doesn't go how he planned, but Pete never cries or worries. He "He just keeps walking along and singing his song!" I think my favorite one is Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons. Buttons keep falling off of Pete's shirt, but he remains positive about it. When all of them have finally fallen off, he says "My button. My button. Still have my belly button". It's so. Dang. Cute! If you have kids ages 3-6, you've got to give these books a try!(1/10/13)
  • ...Chicken Noodle Soup! It's been bitterly cold and snowy, so soup has become a staple for us. Our tried and true recipe is from Paula Deen. It's called The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup. What makes this recipe different and special, in my opinion, is the addition of mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream (we use FF half and half) and white wine. Yum yum yum! Delicioso!
  • ...Alone time with my husband. Tonight we decided to go out for appetizers and drinks. Typically, we order water to save a little cash, and we never order appetizers because we just can't eat that much. It was fun to switch it up tonight! We also went to see Django Unchained. Very good show. Not for kids! Not for some grown ups, either. ;) (1/13/13)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shill and Company said...

A very good list of things to be grateful for.