Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 1, Gratitude

I am thankful for...
  • ....The opportunity to make dinner for my family. Although it isn't always my favorite chore- OK, it's never my favorite chore, but I DO really appreciate that I'm actually home at night to do it. For 2 years, I worked nights at Discover while teaching school in the day. During that time, Jason was the sole cook in our home. I never want to forget what it's like to be gone 5 nights a week for dinner. 1/2/13
  • ...Being DONE with the dating scene and thankful that my husband chose me (even with all of my "baggage") Where did this come from? Well, there's a terrible game show called Baggage- hosted by none other than Jerry Springer. It's a show where 1 guy chooses between 3 girls, each with "baggage". When the guy finally chooses the girl, he has to reveal his baggage and she gets to decide if she'll go out with him or not. (it also does the opposite- 1 girl choosing between 3 guys) 1/3/13
  • ...Feminine hygiene products.  I would have never made it as a pioneer, I tell ya! I'm also thankful for rice packs and naproxen for pain. Even though I'd prefer not to worry about that stuff, I am very glad I haven't gone through menopause. I'm not ready for hormone changes and hot flashes! 1/4/13
  • ...Fruitcake- a labor of love from my mom. It takes a few weeks to make it! She sent our family some baked goodies for post-Christmas celebrations, I called and thanked her for it. I'm noting it here because my mom and I rarely speak to one another. Typically, it's like a couple times a year. It was good to catch up. p.s. (this part is for Melinda, just in case she happens to read this) I ate a few slices and put it in the freezer. 1/5/13
I'll leave you now with a song I'm very grateful for. I absolutely love Imagine Dragon's Radioactive
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shill and Company said...

I'm so glad that you are able to be at home now at nights. You worked so hard, and it's wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your time with the fam.

Yes, the dating scene can be maddening. You sure got yourself a good man. I think you are both super blessed to have found each other. You guys are quite the duo!

Feminine hygiene products...I hear you. How did they do it way back when? Yuck!

I LOVE FRUITCAKE! That's a great gift. I love that your mom did that for you guys.