Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello again, Hello


Wow! Hello again my friends. (Is anyone out there still?)
Well, I've decided it's high time, I join the blogging world again! It's something I truly enjoy and deeply miss. I think for my sanity, I'll just start out like I haven't missed a day. They used to say about scrap-booking, that if you fall behind, not to try to go clear back to the very next event, but to begin with today, and catch up on the past when you get time. That's what I'm going to have to do here. I have my sanity I need to preserve and protect!

So, my daughter Loo and I, have decided that we're going to do a gratitude journal for 2013. It's part of our resolutions for this year. Loo actually came to me with this idea a few days ago. I guess she read about it on Pinterest. I remember Oprah talked about it several years ago too- having an attitude of gratitude and making a gratitude journal. I  can't decide if this is something I should post every day on here, or if I'll just post periodically. In my own journal, I plan to do it every night. Thoughts?

I ran across a couple great quotes today about being grateful: 
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
-Epicurus
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Without further ado, I shall share my attitude of gratitude for the day:
I'm so grateful for a nice, warm home! It's been in the teens over the past few days. Burrr! Talk about cold. I also really appreciate the ability to crank up the heat, if we feel like we need to! 

Song for the day:Hello Again- Neil Diamond (It's the first one I thought of. Sorry)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you are back! And I think the daily gratitude journal is a great goal/idea. I think it will change your life. (That sounds pretty dramatic, doesn't it?!) But really, I have done that off and on over the past 15 years and when I do, I am so much happier and at peace and aware of my blessings rather than my challenges. As to whether to post it on here or write it in your journal, that's up to you. You may find that some days you want to post here and some days there might be things that you're thankful for that are a little more private than you want to post publicly. Or maybe not. I haven't kept a separate journal since I started a blog...but all of the sudden now I am... there are things I'm learning that are too private to share with the blogging world and plus I doubt anyone really wants to read all of my doubts, insecurities, ideas, etc. in relation to my new calling.

Anyway, I am glad you are back!!

Shill and Company said...

So happy that you returned. You add a little ray of sunshine in my day when I read your posts. You are so witty, thought provoking, and fun!