Sunday, March 21, 2010

So This Is Love

Well, it's finally official! Trent and Sue are engaged! He asked her Wednesday morning while on their St. George trip. She's NOT a morning person. But, he woke her up at 6:30 this morning and told her that they should go outside and watch the sun rise. She was extremely grumpy about it, and at one point, even told him "This had better be good!" Anyway, she accepted, and now they've got a tentative date set for December.
How do I feel? Anxious, excited, nervous. Jason wants to do as many things as possible by ourselves, and that freaks me out too! I keep having these Father of the Bride flashback glimpses similar to this one...

In short, it's pretty surreal!

I should note that although Jason and I are somewhat freaked out, we feel very good about her choice in mates. Trent is mature, he's a planner and a saver, he's organized, and most importantly, I know he loves her and will take care of her.

Anyway, this is the stuff you guys want to see:
This is where he proposed:
Here's the ring:They plan to wed in the temple (not this one, necessarily)Happy couple!

We have to have songs right? "So This Is Love" from Cinderella and "True Love's Kiss" from Enchanted
That last picture was sort of a good measure picture. It's entitled... What else? True Love's Kiss!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Nene said...

SOOOOOO exciting! Congrats to the beautiful couple and their awesome parents! :)

Evette Mendisabal said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations. What a sweet way to propose ... sunrise, the beginning of a new day, symbolises so much don't you think? Very romantic! The ring is STUNNING!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Things will be okay mom! I can't even imagine doin the wedding thing. Just remind Jason that it is HER wedding

Jenny said...

Congrats! So happy for her and for your family.

spice2116 said...

i was waiting for you to post the story lol so cool beautiful ring!! young and in love very cool. its kind of weird to think we got married that young too

Shill and Company said...

I can't believe that Miss Sue is engaged. Where has the time gone? Where did that little 6 year old girl go that used to come over and play at our house? Crazy! I am with you Brandi, I think that she has chosen wisely. Trent is a great guy. It's nice to see how in love they are. Let me know what I can do to help. Sue will be one gorgeous bride!!!

Shannon said...

That's AWESOME! They look so happy together and the planning should be a BLAST! Mike and I are a lot like you two, we seem to always have a project. I cannot even imagine that project being my daughter's wedding at this point, but I'm sure it's in the cards! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

:) I'm happy 4 them!