Friday, July 17, 2009

All Dressed Up With Nowhere to Go...

Like the new design here? I do! I've been busy making my blog look cute. I added a new header, new sidebar pics a while back, new background, and my favorite thing...my new signature! I've been using it as a time filler though. I'm afraid I've hit a dry spell! Sure, we've been doing things, but I want to write something that's witty or interesting. I don't want to be the type of blogger that says "Yesterday we went here. Today we went there. Tomorrow we are going here. And in 5 minutes I'm going there."

I really miss the days of Tuesday Tell All. I miss the topic ideas. I didn't love every single topic, but the beauty of it, was that it was there if you needed inspiration. I DO love Shadow Shot Sunday though. I try to participate every week. It gives me a creative outlet for photography. BUT it does nothing for writers' block. And while we're on the subject of writer's block, when is Stephenie Meyer going to write something again? I'm so ready to move beyond Twilight. I'm ready for the Host sequel! And speaking of books, I can't wait for September's release of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

Do you think they make a cream for writer's block? You know. Kind of like the opposite of sunblock? Or I guess the opposite of sunblock would be like suntan oil. So maybe they make writer's oil with a fabulous coconut scent. Maybe. If so, maybe I can send some to Stephenie too.

Song: Dead Man's Party by Oingo BoingoPhotobucket

5 comments:

Nene said...

I like your bottle of writer's un-block. How very clever you are! Love the new blog design!

Shannon said...

your blog does look FAN-TAB-ULOUS! I am such a boring blogger... and I know that! :) For me.. it's a place for my memories... since mine is so bad! I am grateful that nice friends like you continue to visit and comment on my boring life! LOL! Your writer's un-block is PRICELESS!!!! SO COOL!!!

Cindy said...

Love your blog design! VERY cute!

Shill and Company said...

First, may I say that I love the musical selection for this post. Nothing like some good ol' Oingo Boingo. I was talking with some women that were in their early 20's about these guys and they had no idea that Danny Elfman was in a band. Just that he wrote musical scores for movies. Oh man, I felt old. :) I probably saw these guys 5 times in concert.

I LOVE the look of your blog. Probably the best look yet baby. I need to pick your brain. Especially on the banner. I have had one that Chris helped me with, but that is all. I have no idea how to set that up.

Unknown said...

You are so creative. I love the blog and Hate writers block I have had the same problem. I think of things at the most incovenient times and then poof they are gone! uug Love the bottle send some my way!