Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Preschoolers say the cutest things!

Yesterday, I was doing some prep-work for preschool, and using the "runny glue" as I like to call it, when Kylie walked in and said "Oh, you're using the teen-ager glue!" I had completely forgotten about teenager glue! How could I forget something so cute!
(The story)During my first year of teaching, whenever we needed to use standard-issue Elmer's Glue, I would squeeze it on the paper for the kids, I wouldn't let the kids do it (mean ha). And of course all the kids would want do it by themselves. I would tell them, "this is glue for grown-ups". Well, Colby would always ask me "Teacher, when do we get to use the teenager glue?"

Last year, I had this little girl named Olivia. She had the cutest way of talking. It was kind-of slobbery. Anyway, she always called me "T-shirt" instead of teacher. Unfortunatly, over the summer she learned how to say teacher. Bummer!

Last week, Damian, one of my youngest students, came to school, walked right inside, and dropped his drawers right in the doorway! He said "Teachoo, look I have big boy pants on!"

And today (Feb. 12 edit) I asked my kids what they know about Valentine's day... Elizabeth said "It means like when your boyfriend gives you lots of presents and stuff, you should give him some too". You can tell she has a teenage sister!

1 comment:

Shill and Company said...

Those silly kids. I am wondering if you also receive too much information about their families sometimes? I know Chris has been getting a kick out of what his primary students say about their moms and dads.